The behaviour, ecology, welfare and management of mammals, particularly small mammals.
Current and recent projects
- Forest design and management for red squirrel conservation (Island of Arran; Kielder Forest ,Northumberland; Foulshaw Moss, Cumbria).
- Survey techniques for squirrels (Foulshaw Moss, Cumbria).
- The ecology of island voles (Skomer, Mull, Raasay, Jersey).
- The ecology of hedgehogs in the Royal Parks, London.
- Beaver introductions to SW England.
- Small mammals on the Isle of Arran.
- Camera trap studies on small mammals: survey and animal behaviour (Alice Holt Forest, Surrey).
- The long-term dynamics of woodland rodents (Alice Holt Forest, Surrey).
- Pine marten-grey squirrel interactions.